With the advent of our digital age, there has been a proliferation of fitness trends and dietary fads individually touting revolutionary,ground-breaking results that, upon closer scrutiny, lack empirical, scientific verity. Thus, for many people, there is understandably a great deal of skepticism about adopting any brash, new alternative pathway to improved health and fitness. However, there IS one alternative, natural remedy being heavily touted nationwide recently that does appear to have significant and promising scientific confirmation behind it to ameliorate a myriad of everyday, health ailments: CBD Oil. CBD Oil (or Cannabidiol) is one of the most beneficial chemical constituents of the cannabis or marijuana plant. Unlike the primary cannabinoid chemical compound of cannabis, Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD does NOT cause the associated “high” that is often connected to marijuana. This lack of psychoactivity makes CBD an attractive option for those individuals who are searching for pain relief and preventive features to aid overall health. Having taken CBD oil myself now for over a month while keeping up with my busy lifestyle as owner of Mia Brazilia, I can personally vouch that the health benefits are truly extraordinary. My sleep habits have improved at night, my physical healing from intensive workout and workday schedules has accelerated appreciably, and a prevailing sense of calm has enabled me to focus on the demands of my job with even greater creativity and élan. The following five health benefits are associated with CBD oil:
1.) Improved Heart Health
- Several medical studies over the past two years have posited the probability that CBD oil has the capacity to improve an individual’s heart condition and circulatory system, by reducing high blood pressure. Over 1/3 of the American adult population suffers from hypertension (or high blood pressure), a dangerous condition that can lead to increased risk for heart attack, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases. CBD oil’s stress and anxiety-reducing compounds offer a natural remedy to high blood pressure sufferers by reducing the oxidative stress and cellular inflammation that often leads to premature cell death and heart disease.
2.) Improved Skin
- Acne is a prevalent skin condition that commonly afflicts people during childhood and can remain as adults. While genetics play a contributing role in the development of acne, environmental factors can also accelerate the underlying inflammation and overproduction of sebum that are telltale symptoms of acne. CBD oil can combat the inflammation present in the sebaceous glands of the skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties and the the ability to stamp out sebum production. Several scientific studies have detected a dramatic decline in sebum production when taken by acne patients as well as the de-activation of nefarious, acne-assisting cytokines.
3.) Improved Sleep
- One of the most immediate health benefits of CBD oil on a personal level has been a significant boost in my quality of sleep. Ancient Chinese and Hindu texts have long elaborated on the historical benefit of cannabis to induce sleep. Cannabidiol directly attacks the twin conditions of anxiety and pain that often preclude people from enjoying a good night of sleep by supplying anti-anxiety compounds to the brain. Easing your nightly levels of anxiety and pain obviously makes it easier to initiate sleep and continue in a deep form of sleep for a prolonged period of time. Scientific studies have also shown a potential direct pathway between the compounds found in CBD oil and the brain’s receptors that are directly responsible for maintaining your sleep/wake cycle.
4.) Improved Pain Relief
- One of the most promising discoveries derived from CBD oil is its pain-relieving properties. Recent studies indicate that CBD oil accelerates chemical bonding within the body’s endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is responsible for regulating a multitude of daily functions including sleep, pain, and immune system response. Our bodies naturally produce endocannabinoids, which act like neurotransmitters, and travel throughout the nervous system before binding to cannabinoid receptors. CBD oil directly and favorably impacts the endocannabinoid receptor activity in the nervous system, improving pain relief while in motion or at rest. Several studies have shown that subjects suffering from medical ailments such as multiple sclerosis and arthritis, reported significant improvement in pain response and mobility after taking CBD oil.
5.) Improved Mental Health
- Anxiety and depression are devastating mental health illnesses that afflict tens of millions of people worldwide. While most people suffering from depression or anxiety are directed to pharmaceutical drug solutions, there are often dangerous side effects associated with these drugs. These side effects can include insomnia, headaches, nausea, and sexual dysfunction. Several recent studies incorporating CBD oil as a natural alternative to pharmaceutical drugs for patients suffering from depression and anxiety disorder show encouraging promise. This is due to the fact that the chemical compounds of CBD oil appear to have a positive interaction with serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin plays a profound role in every person’s emotional state and feelings of personal well-being and happiness. Keeping serotonin levels balanced is essential for people suffering from depression. CBD oil use also dramatically caused a significant reduction of anxiety measures in people suffering from social anxiety disorders.
A growing scientific consensus has emerged showing direct, empirical evidence that taking CBD oil can be a healthy complement to a daily health and fitness model. The health benefits of CBD oil include an improved heart, improved skin, improved sleep, improved pain relief, and improved mental health. Mia Brazilia can proudly say, “CBD oil REALLY works!”