When i created the The Mia Brazilia collection back in 2005, I envisioned an innovative activewear and yoga wear line that flattered every curve and angle of the female form. One of the design characteristics that i wished to promiscuously highlight was the shaping of the derriere region for each of my Mia Brazilia pieces. Thus, i included the ruching concept for each of my Mia Brazilia articles of clothing, conveying an elegant, “lifted” shape that would benefit each of my discriminating, female customers. Needles to say, the positive feedback from this unique, design concept has been overwhelming ever since. Mia Brazilia shoppers love the sensuous celebration of the female booty, evinced throughout my collection. With interest in strengthening and firming the buttocks region at an all-time high, I offer a selection of butt-shaping exercises for beginners and experts alike:
1.) One-Leg Frontal Raises
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and hold a 5 pound dumbbell in each of your hands.
- Bend your left leg and raise about 3-4 inches off the floor.
- Extend both arms in from of you at chest height and your palms remaining face down.
- While keeping your arms straight, raise your right arm above your head and hold for 3 seconds, then return to chest height
- Continue alternating arm raises until you’ve done 8-10 raises total, 4-5 reps on each arm
- Next, switch legs, this time doing 8-10 more reps standing on your LEFT leg
2.) Dumbbell Squats
- Keep your feet shoulder width apart and choose 10 pound dumbbells for each hand and place along your outside thigh
- Squat down slowly as if taking a seat, making sure to keep your weight over your hells, not your toes.
- Squeeze your glutes as you return to the start position of your squat movement.
- Perform 15-20 repetitions.
- If you wish to progress to a more challenging, advanced level of dumbbell squat, then do the above WITHOUT the weights and jump explosively while landing in the squat position.
3.) Explosive Lunges
- Stand with your feet together and your hands situated on your hips.
- Proceed to lunge forward with your left leg.
- Jump up, switch legs in midair, and land with your right leg in a forward lunge position.
- Continue these explosive lunges, switching between sides for a total of 60 seconds.
- Be sure to keep your fists upward in front of your chin and push off the floor with both feet. Your front knee should always discover 90 degrees and align over your ankle for optimal results.
4.) Hip-Lift Sequence
- Lie on your back with your arms at your side with knees bent and your feet on the floor.
- Lift your hips upward toward the ceiling. Hold position for 1 second before slowly lowering back down.
- Repeat this hip lifting sequence for no less than 1 minute, making sure to squeeze you glutes and hamstrings when reaching the apex of your range of motion. Avoid overarching your spine however.
- If you wish to make this hip-lift sequence regimen more challenging, you can extend one of your legs at the top of each lift. Hold this lifted position for a period of 5 seconds, insuring that your thighs remain parallel to each other.
- With your hips still in the up position, slowly place your foot back onto the ground and then gently lower your hips.
- Repeat this challenging exercise for 30 seconds, then repeat for another 30 seconds on the other leg.
5.) Squat with Back-Kick
- Stand with legs shoulder width apart and slowly sit back into a squat position, keeping your fists close to your chin.
- Bring your right leg straight behind you while extending your arms to a forward position.
- Return to the squat position before repeating the same movement for the left leg.
- Alternate between both legs for no less than 60 seconds.
- Remember to maintain your body weight back onto your heels, not forward onto your toes.
- While extending each leg behind you, make sure to keep the hips square and avoid any twisting of the hip to the side.
One-leg frontal raises, dumbbell squats, explosive lunges, hip-lift sequencing, and squat with back-kick are five proven, challenging butt-shaping exercises for a firmer, more toned derriere. Performing these exercises 2-3 times per week will enable you to get in no time that hot, Mia Brazilia booty that you always dreamed about. No, ifs, ands, or “butts!”